Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Spiderman 3




--PG-13-- Most everyone I talked to prior to my seeing this movie felt that it was too long and not as good as the previous 2. So when I embarked to see it I had very little expectations, and in fact fully anticipated being bored and disappointed. Since my mindset was such I found that I fully enjoyed Spiderman 3, I wasn't expecting a great film like Spiderman 2 so I was able to sit back and just be entertained. On this regard the movie was very successful.

Now, while yes there are a few boring parts all in all this was a fun and enjoyable film. I challenge all that went to see Spiderman 3 in hopes of getting a fun and good story like in Spidey 2 to see 3 again for what it is, not what you wanted it to be. The special effects, the fighting sequences and even the cheese factor were all entertaining. In fact I felt that this was probably closer to what the comics really are as opposed to the serious nature of which 1 and 2 were.

As a side note I just want to give a shout out to Bruce Campbell, does anyone play over-the-top characters better. I love that Sam Raimi has put him in all 3. Now that they have signed to make at least 3 more in this franchise I hope they keep the entertainment value up and the cast intact.

cah

No comments: