Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Pathfinder




--R-- When I first saw the trailer for Pathfinder I wasn't all that impressed, but thought it looked fun enough to warrant my attendance. Boy was I wrong! The only thing that was worth while in this movie was the scenery. Now, I don't know where they filmed Pathfinder but the snow covered mountains in the rich dense forests off an ocean coast was breathtaking. Other than that the acting was atrocious, the story weak, and watching another movie about a peaceful Native American society ravaged by the big bad Europeans has gotten a tad annoying.

The worst thing about this movie is I was expecting a good action flick (in fact it was the only reason I went to see it), and even the action fell well short of what it needed. The action sequences were abbreviated at best, and focused far too much on the main characters facial expression as he was killing the destructive Viking invaders. The director tried to compensate for this by giving us brief glimpses of gore and blood splatter, this again did little to make this movie worth watching.

So...to wrap this up don't waste your money, and the time being spent to watch this movie would be better served if you took a nap.

cah

1 comment:

michael said...

i wanted to see this, but thanks to your review i won't. i thought the cinematography looked quite beautiful in the trailer, but not enough to trump your review so... thanks for saving me the ten bucks!!!